White Door Wedding.
“When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
– When Harry Met Sally
The big day.
Little details. An ending. A beginning.
Creating a day of beauty marking these approximations. Brides spend months and months thinking about how they want to celebrate this significant union.
How do we humans mark the changing moments that we want hold on to?
And for this gorgeous event it was a door, sand, lights…. WHITE.
The Painting Details
The white doorway was a beautiful centerpiece of the ceremony and reception; therefore I placed it as the centerpiece of the painting. Starting the art with this symbol first and creating around it.
- The turquoise and white colors combining together in front of the doorway represented the sand that was added together during the ceremony.
- White curtains
- Italian lights
- Light floor design
- UK themed candy table
- Flower girls that kept running out on the floor during the first dance (SO CUTE)
- Flip flop supply for guests to get comfortable and dance (on far left below the blue UK table)
- The big “D” wedding cake
- Beautiful tables and guests! I loved how the turquoise napkins were bows set on the places.
- The reception toast the bridesmaids sang with sunglasses on. They performed a hilarious original song that had the place cracking up. Great moment and the bottom left corner has a few bridesmaids with cool shades to represent it.
I love capturing the essence of weddings in a painting. The theme that a bride chooses, colors, personal touches all describing a unique story of two people making an extraordinary decision. Exalting a couple, with SYMBOLS of their jointing spirits, humor, hobbies and love.
Needless to say, painting a sentimental memento for someone’s special day is one of the coolest honors… And it’s so fun!
Enjoy the photos! XO